This document is becoming obsolete. This EDC document is for Kepware, windows based. The next Generation 2 Data Collection Appliances are Linux x64 based, with completely different applications and functions. Gen 2 is not backward compatible with Gen 1.
- Get the most recent version of the installer here
- After downloading the executable run the installer. (Note: Installer requires Administrator privileges)
- Select a language (If you would like a language added please contact a BEET Representative)
- Press Next
- Select Install EDC, Press Next.
- Specify the IP of the EAS and its MongoDB server
- If the Installer was able to find the EAS the following dialog will appear. Press the "Create New Collector Engine" button once to generate a new collector engine and retrieve it's unique ID from the EAS.
- Otherwise, Enter the UID generated for this EDC (Refer to "Generating EDC GUID" from the info section of this page)
- Select components that you would like to install locally, Press Next.
- The installer will run. (Depending on the speed of the machine this may take some time)
- The Envision Data Collector should be properly installed on your machine.
Generating EDC GUID
- Use Envision -> Admin -> Collector Engine and Click the ID (2) (If one does not exist press Add New Record to create one)
- Copy [GUID] on the buffer